Monday, June 20, 2005

Standstills

I’m stuck in a standstill.
A place where time passes me by
A time where I’m all alone
I need to get to a place
But I can’t find it.
I can’t move
There’s nothing I can see

Somewhere Beckons
I cannot answer but I hear it keenly
A vacuum where I’m unnoticed even by the ones I wish to be seen by
I want to move to the lights
But all around me is darkness
Time remains frozen
And I don’t know what to do

I wish for someone to call out to
Somewhere I know is waiting
Coldness within me
Snuffs out any fire ablaze
Freezing my insides
Making it brittle
Vulnerable to cracks

Something hits me
I don’t know what
I feel something shatter
Deep within
I know there is pain
But I feel only emptiness
Where is my pain

I cannot stay here
I need to find the light
A path to be found
Got to keep moving
Stage a prison break
Strengthen myself
Move out of my standstills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home