Friday, March 18, 2005

Birthday Shakes

To name this after my birthday after nearly a week seems to be a joke of sorts. What I can say is that there are many changes that has happened over the past few days.
The number of people leaving is now a reality. New guys are here.
My birthday was meant to be quiet until it was discovered ‘accidentally’, adroitly uncovered by a well-timed parcel addressed to me.
Subsequent regimental duties to be performed was as boring and non-traumatizing as per normal which is good.

Enough about that then!!

The new guys are good and well I shall reserve judgment on them as I’m not really in the best of positions to make them. I’m not that saintly myself. I haven’t gotten into any trouble or done anything stupid. So there! Nothing remarkable about my unassuming life.

I went up and started picking up the guitar again somewhat though how good I’m gonna be remains to be seen. I read a couple of blogs myself and was quite impressed on some of them. Some of them puts me to shame just by their apparent sophistications of the world at large and usage of impressive words while others write pretty good articles ranging from airplanes to zoology. It doesn’t matter what age they were, heck some of them were younger than me. It just goes to show just how much out of touch I am with the current affairs of the outside world.
I read with some sadness on a friend’s blogs of her troubles and heard of another’s lost of a parent. I’m not there in spirit and neither am I there in person. I could say I didn’t even make much phone calls at all. Something is seriously wrong with me. I have to get my act together and do something. I’m complacent. Face it. I won’t get off my butt to do something because I’m far too lazy to do something about it. Frightening isn’t it when you start realizing it. Must be the effects of age I suppose. The problem here is what am I gonna do about it……………….

Life is like a forge (here I go again), Trials and Tribulations are part and parcel of it. Trials is like the fires of the forge testing one’s mettle to see how far you can go before melt into despair entirely. Tribulations are like hammer blows to shape into a useful tool or may shatter the material should it proved to brittle. When that happens, pick up the pieces and start forging anew. Only how many would be willing to do that? It’s a question worth pondering isn’t it? Just how many pieces are worth putting together again instead of just giving up gathering the pieces all over again? I’d only you would know the answer to that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home