Sunday, December 25, 2005

A Tale of 3 Rs: Rush, Realization & Reality

I write this during Christmas amidst all the yuletide greetings and what nots after a really long absence from my blog. Why?

Let's begin with the rush:
I EOT (End of Tour) on the 13th of Nov. Meaning which I returned to dear sweet Singapore on this date...Permanently. Thus begun a odyssey of doing nothing much other than plain enjoying myself. Make that under sleeping, wandering confused, eating by myself or plain just wasting time doing things that could have being better left undone. Finding out most friends either are working/on duty/overseas/married/nusy getting married tends to put a damper on things and knowing just how low i stand brings this to another level.

On to the Realization:
It's simple really after learning that money DOES flow like water in my hands thus I hit on a brillant plan (for me that is) to go place it where it can't be accessed easily. I threw the extra hard earned $$$ into another bank account, a savings bond and an investment unit. All these little precautions came into being without additional input or worries. They maybe small returns comparably with high risk investments ammounting to thousands of $$$ but I'll still make a tidy sum in time. Now that is the important thing. Which brings into another level to examine.

It's Reality:
Now ideally we can all survive without lifting a finger but thats almost impossible for the minions like me. I need to find a job and here's the best thing. I want to go into a line of which I have absolutely, on paper qualifications at least, no qualifications to be doing. I have an ICP diploma (Internet Computing) specializing in networking but the job I wish to do leans towards Events Management or Logistics side of it. Why the sudden change one may wonder... It's actually damm simple. My diploma is passe and worst after spending 2 years plus in the army and not touching on any related stuff kills your knowledge pretty quickly. Sure I could go read up on it but then I got posted to Brunei and fine I did volunteer but hey when it comes down to it.........the $$$ guided my path.
ok now $$$ isn't on my side but hey look on the bright side (What bright side!!!!), I'd need to go brush up on selling myself. It's just that I'm still not sure how to exactly go about it. I asked around but you know how it goes when something just screams WRONG about the whole thing. I'll just have to see how it goes. Afterall if I want to continue studying I'll first need the stuff to help me out mainly the true king of this world. ---------->>>$$$.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home