Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Ohh Owww!!!!

Today I guess just ain't my day though it did start off with a bang. Lol Almost the whole school couldn't surf the internet. Turns out the problem doesn't seem to lie with me but with the providers of the service namely the proxy server controllers. Well the internet did get back up but It got me thinking.

Sure I enjoy the job since I did managed to pick up a few tricks but I'm beginning to realise that I'm more of a frontline customer service provider than anything. I mean most of the stuff besides rebooting a computer or reinstalling a software doesn't seem to require me. They're all controlled by the service providers. I just call to inform them so and so is not working. They either give technical advice or do their work via remote access. In a way I understand why they'd prefer not to allow access to their systems but hey I'm the one who has to interprete the technical jargon into a form much more easily understood by my users. Hey I'm a technical translator. :)

Sigh Swimming seems so much appealing. Can't wait for lessons on sat. A danger. A joy. What the hell am I doing???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home